HomeHomeHomeHomeHome

Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Wind

What a beautiful day it was today. The sunshine and the wind were here. I love to feel both of them on my face. When I was a little girl windy days were my favorite. I could run forever in the pasture with my arms stretched out wide as fast as my legs would take me just to feel the wind on my face. I'm not sure what it is about it, but I love the way it makes me feel. Perhaps this is exactly the reason I do love it because every time it rushes into my face it soothes me with the memories it carries on it's back. It is like an old friend and I love to sit on the porch on warm summer nights and wait for it to visit. Sometimes it is soft lightly brushing on my skin, and other times it is fierce twisting my hair and whipping my face. Either way I welcome it, and I love that it pushes me to another time in my mind and that it brings me peace. I love the wind.





4 comments:

amber_mtmc said...[Reply to comment]

Wow. When I am alone in the wind, I often imagine the whispers of generations pass, pushing me in the right direction. Telling me my decisions are wise.

I think that you captured my thoughts with these pictures.

Your little (big!) girl is beautiful. I hope she knows that.

Bobbidee said...[Reply to comment]

I love those pics! Very cool! I am thankful for your opinion on wind, maybe I won't hate it so much now. I do love a good breeze! :)

Charlotte said...[Reply to comment]

I love the pictures. There is something magical about the wind.

Teresa Hart Photography said...[Reply to comment]

These are so pretty! Wow, what a great idea!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting our blog!